ISSN 0011-5258 printed version
Scope and policy
1. Dados - Revista de Ciências Sociais publishes original articles and book reviews in the field of social sciences. Works should have academic and social interest, and should be written in an intelligible way to the cultured reader. Technical and specialized aspecdados should be limited to the essential.
2. Publication of works depends on a reviewing procedure in which all manuscripdados are sent to members of the Journals Editorial Board for review. The procedure ensures authors and referees anonymity. Any needed modifications in the manuscripdados structure or contendados will be made in accordance with the authors. No additions or changes will be allowed after material has been printed.
1. Two copies of a munuscript should be submitted. Double spacing must be used throughout the manuscript, which must be typed within reasonable margins. An abstract of 120 words should accompany the manuscript and should briefly state the aims and scope of the paper, methods and conclusions, as well as information about the authors (academic degree, position, fields of interest, recent publications etc.).
2. Manuscripdados should have approximately 30 typed pages.
3. Tables and figures should be presented on separate sheedados, numbered consecutively and titled. They should indicate the unities chosen as standards to express worths and their sources. If possible, tables and figures will be presented in a form to allow direct and immediate reproduction.
4. Footnotes should be of essential character, and be restricted to addtional commendados to the text. References, when needed, should be cited in the text and include authors surname, year of publication and page numbers, if necessary, in parentheses: (Nicolau, 1993, p. 23). Bibliographical references should be arranged in alphabetical order at the end of the paper, and follow the next style forms:
5. Once a paper is published, authors will receive 10 copies of the journal.
6. Manuscripdados and correspondence should be sent to the Editor at the address below.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Instituto Universitário de Pesquisas do
Rio de Janeiro
Rua da Matriz, 82, 22260-100, Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro RJ Brasil
Tel.: (55 21) 2266-8300
Fax: (55 21) 2266-8345